Today concluded the 6th stage of the Dakar 2020 rally-marathon!
The journey to the capital of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, was the longest since the start of the marathon — the rally caravan had to cover 830 km, including 477 km of the special stage. The course, which was laid out by the organizers of the competition, completely passed through the sands and dunes that cover 90% of today’s route.
At the end of day 6, the crew of Andrey Karginov is in the lead in the trucks standings with a result of 04:56:18 followed by the team of Anton Shibalov, who fell behind by 4:21 minutes.
Dmitry Sotnikov came fourth with a result of 5:11:04.
It has been 5 days from the start of Dakar 2020 Rally in Saudi Arabia.
Almost half of the route has been completed and the KAMAZ-Master team shows brilliant results at every stage!
Here’s what’s happened over the previous 5 stages:
1. At the first stage of Jeddah — Al-Wajh in the trucks competition, Anton Shibalov’s crew finished first.
2. On the second day at the Al-Vajh — Neom stage, the crews of Dmitry Sotnikov and Andrey Karginov came second and third respectively, losing to the leader Sergey Vyazovich (MAZ, Belarus) 1:46 and 2:07 min.
3. At the third Neom — Neom stage KAMAZ truck led by Andrey Karginov became the leader.
4. At the stage number four Neom — Al-Ula the crew of Anton Shibalov came first, Dmitry Sotnikov’s and Andrey Karginov’s crews were second and third.
5. At the 5th Al-Ula-hail stage Dmitry Sotnikov, Anton Shibalov and Andrey Karginov became leaders. We are so proud!
To date, according to the results of 5 stages, Andrey Karginov takes the leading position with a total time of 20:10:02
Anton Shibalov’s crew takes the 2nd place with a lag of 14:53 minutes.
Dmitry Sotnikov takes the 7th position.
We follow the KAMAZ-master team and wish you success!
At the meeting of the Board of Directors of KAMAZ PTC, the Company’s business plan for 2020 has been adopted.
In accordance with the document, next year KAMAZ plans to sell 35,709 cars, 29 000 units of which will be delivered to the Russian market, and 6709 — to foreign markets. The share of KAMAZ in the Russian truck market will increase up to 46%.
According to this business-plan KAMAZ will invest in the development of production for about 14.1 billion rubles. Net profit should reach 288 million rubles with the planned revenue of 204 billion rubles.
Sergey Kogogin, Director General of KAMAZ PTC, announced the main task that the company and its staff need to solve in 2020: the launch of K5 generation mainline vehicles that meet the world level in terms of technical characteristics and consumer properties. «The most important thing is to bring K5 to the market. This is probably the biggest challenge, how quickly we can start earning on it», — he remarked.